Picked this up from Eoghan, one of the Audax gang, it is from Cyclesuperstore's facebook page;
Roadies’ Coffee Breaks
Best part of our ride is frequently the coffee stop. Somewhere nice, middle of nowhere, good coffee, couple of decent sweet options, good sandwiches, homemade soup and banter with the mates. Maybe check out some of the bikes parked outside. Perhaps chat with a few other groups on what they have been up to. We tend in fact to base our ride on which cafe we are going to stop in that day.
Worst part of our ride is probably puncturing, then feeling for the rest of ride that the tyres are a little underpowered. So what we have done is to leave track pumps at some of the best coffee stops where we know you will probably stop too. So, next time you are out, know that the following list of places have a decent pump to get your tyres up to top speed. Look out for the above signs and ask for the use of their pump if you need it.
• Kingfisher’s Kitchen, Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow
• The Armoury Cafe, Glencree Reconciliation Ctr., Co. Dublin
• The Coffee Dock, Main St., Roundwood, Co. Wicklow.
• Glendalough Green, Larragh, Co. Wicklow.
• Glenmalure Lodge, Glenmalure, Co. Wicklow.
• Avoca Cafe, Mount Usher Gardens, Ashford, Co. Wicklow.
• Coffee Shop, Delgany, Co. Wicklow.
• The Buttery Cafe, Fishers, Newtown Mount Kennedy, Co. Wicklow.
• Johnny Fox’s Pub. Glencullen, Co. Dublin
• Kenny’s Kitchen, Main St., Blessington, Co. Wicklow.
Ok, so all these places are on the Dublin/Wicklow mountains routes. Have you got some good cafe stops where you would like to see a floor pump? Further, anything else you would like to see for you at these stops? Obvious is tubes and repair kits. Do you forget to pack these sometimes? Please let us know.
great initiative - but too much bias in the location given the number of people who are willing to head over from the northside of the city to Cycle Superstore. They could easily chuck a few in to the Ashbourne Garristown and West Dublin areas.
Update on the track pump locations. Cycle SuperStore put this up on their Facebook page today
Northside Coffee Shops
We mentioned a few days ago we had put some floor pumps for road cyclists in cafes. All of these cafes were on the south side of Dublin and further south into the Wicklow mountains. . Thanks to feedback here from some of our Northside Roadies, we have provided the following Cafes with pumps as well. Look out for the signs and please ask for the pump if you need it.
• Seamus Ennis Cultural Centre Cafe, The Naul, Co. Dublin
• Gourmet Food Parlour, The Grange, Ballyboughal, Co. Dublin
• Sage & Stone, Newlanes, Duleek, Co. Meath.
• Newbarn Farm, Old Finglas Rd, Co. Dublin.
• Corks Cafe, Ashbourne, Co. Meath.
• Maguire’s Cafe, Hill of Tara, Co. Meath.
Check out some of these routes on the other side for a break from your usual rides. There are some great rolling roads through serene countryside, and all of the cafes above are popular with cyclists for a good reason- good coffee and food, some great locations and lovely places. Further details we’ll add on our website shortly.